Cheese grater is definitely a helping hand if you like to make cheesy recipes. There are so many recipes where you need grated cheese for the process and even for the garnishing. We all know grating cheese manually is quite tough especially if we have to grate hard cheese. So, what we can do? Opt for a good electric grater instead. It’s safe, handy, easy to use and a very effective kitchen appliance.
In this article, let’s talk over 3 simple recipes made from cheese.
- Tortilla chips – extra thick – 1 bag
- Refried beans (2-3 cups)
- Grated Cheddar Cheese – 1/2 lb. (3 cups)
- Pickled jalapeno peppers – 4 peppers (sliced or chopped)
- Sour cream
- Cilantro, chopped
- Preheat oven at 350 degree F. arrange a layer of tortilla chips on wide bottom pan, spread refined beans, sprinkle cheese and add chopped jalapeno over cheese. Bake it for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted (5 minutes in convection oven).
- Serve it with dollops of salsa, sour cream and guacamole, with chopped cilantro sprinkled on top.
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1/2 pound elbow macaroni pasta (2 to 2 1/2 cups)
- Grated cheddar cheese, 2 cups
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- Nutmeg (grated)
- Heat the milk in a large saucepan until steamy. Stir in the dry macaroni pasta. Let come to a boil, reduce the heat to a simmer. Cook the macaroni for 15 minutes or until done. The macaroni should absorb almost all of the milk.
- Preheat oven to 400 degree F. As soon as the macaroni is close to being done, melt the butter in a separate saucepan, stir in the grated cheese, black pepper to taste and a pinch of freshly grated nutmeg. Once the cheese has melted, pour the sauce into the macaroni and milk mixture and stir to combine. Taste and add salt and other seasoning.
- Place macaroni and cheese mixture into a baking dish. Sprinkle the top with breadcrumbs. Bake it at 400 degree F oven for 20 minutes or until the top is lightly browned.
Simple Spinach Frittata
- 1 lb. spinach leaves (cleaned and chopped)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large clove garlic (minced)
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 oz. goat cheese
- 9 eggs
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- 2 Tbsp. chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degree F.
- Cook spinach in 1/4 cup of water in a covered saucepan until just slumped. Drain water and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, and Parmesan cheese. Add in chopped sun-dried tomatoes, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Sauté onions in olive oil in a pan, until translucent, about 4-5 minutes on medium heat. Add garlic and cook a minute further. Add cooked spinach and mix in with onions and garlic.
- Spread out spinach mixture evenly on bottom of pan. Pour egg mixture over spinach mixture. Use a spatula to lift up the spinach mixture along the sides of the pan to let egg mixture flow underneath.
- Sprinkle bits of goat cheese over the top of the frittata mixture. When the mixture is about half set, put the whole pan in the oven. Bake for 13-15 minutes, until frittata is puffy and golden. Cut into pieces and serve hot.
An electric cheese grater not just grates cheese (soft and hard) but nuts, chocolates, garlic, ginger, citrus zest etc.
Share your view in comments section