When winter approaches your electricity bills shoots up because of energy consumed just to make the place warm and cozy but then you think you can’t avoid this! What if you can cut the electricity bills for 40%? Interesting right!
There are many tips to keep yourself warm this winter like eat warm food and drinks, comprise exercise in your routine, light candles, wear proper warmers and get cozy blankets and all. But here let’s discuss some economical ways to keep your house warm.
1. First get energy saving portable fan heater for your home. It’s better to heat one particular area at once instead heating up the whole area otherwise you are just wasting energy in heating up the whole house. It doesn’t matter if you are spending on mica panel, ceramic heaters, fan heaters or oil filled radiators. Pick according to your need.
2. Check the windows. Make sure windows are properly closed and sealed during winters, you can use weather strip on windows or bubble wrap for full weather proofing. Another you can put thick curtains across the windows. Similarly block the openings or cavities across the door.
3. Proper insulation. Insulate across fireplace, ceilings etc. for better experience. If there is no satisfactory ceiling insulation then you can lose 42% of household heat through the roof.
4. Insulate outlets and switches. Power outlets or light switches can cause a significant amount of chilliness if not insulated properly.
5. Close all the rooms when not in use. It mainly stops air circulation as much as possible, which can reduces heat loss.
6. Cook. Use indoor grills, steam will raise the moisture level in your home, make you feel warmer. You can even bake, make as much tea and coffee; the more you cook its better. And winters are supposed to sit at home with your loved ones and to enjoy scrumptious and healthy and hot meals.
7. Get dehumidifiers. Sometimes because of closed rooms and access moisture it can lead to damp and mould. So it’s better to keep a portable dehumidifier for comfortable surroundings.
8. Take hot showers. It will not only make warm you up quickly, but the steam from that hot water will raise temperature and moisture levels at house too, it can raise temperature for about 15 degree warmer.
9. Get a programmable thermostat. They mainly maintain and adjust heat on a prearranged heat settings or schedules.
10. Last but not the least; get cozy with your loved ones and pet. And cover yourself and other in good heated clothes and electric blankets.
So, forget about those freezing and chilling days. Enjoy these winters and make your ambience warm and comfortable. Follow these tips to reduce the bills spent over electricity. Another best thing you can do is travel; go to place where it’s warm or best hit beaches. Soak under sun and simply enjoy company with your family and loved ones. Enjoy winters and stay healthy and safe.
Do you have another idea to keep your room warm in winter? share in comments section